OkIP Event Code of Conduct
Oklahoma International Publishing (OkIP) strives to create a professional and welcoming environment at all of its events, virtual and in-person, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity and free from any form of harassment or other discrimination.
Events include, but are not limited to:
- Invited Sessions
- Business/Technical/Social Meetings
- Executive Forum
- Invited Talks
- Technical Tour
- Job/Career Fairs
- Career Expos
- Social Events
- Fund Raising
OkIP expects all Attendees at our events to be respectful of one another, regardless of race, sexuality, gender identification, age, family status, religious affiliation, or other characteristics.
Attendees include, but are not limited to:
- Guests of all the above
This Event Code of Conduct (“Code of Conduct”) guides everyone participating in or attending OkIP events. OkIP wants to ensure that all Attendees understand what behavior is expected and what behavior will not be tolerated at an OkIP event. This Code of Conduct applies to all events held at any venue where an OkIP-sponsored event is held.
Venues include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting Rooms
- Office Location
- Internet Platform
- Research Centers
- Social Media
- Communications/Online Platforms (video, audio, phone, and chat)
Everyone participating in an OkIP event is required to abide by the following guidelines.
Harassment and Discrimination
OkIP expressly prohibits harassment and discrimination based on the following:
- National Origin
- Genetic Information
- Military and Veteran Status
- Marital Status
- Personal Appearance
- Gender Identity or Expression
- Sexual Orientation
- Disability or Perceived Disability (physical or mental)
- Family Responsibilities
- Political Affiliation
- Any other Legally Protected Characteristic
- Refrain from harassing, discriminatory or demeaning conduct.
- Treat all Attendees with respect and consideration, valuing a diversity of views and opinions.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collegial.
- Avoid personal attacks directed toward other Attendees.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and other event Attendees.
- Alert on-premises personnel and OkIP event organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone clearly in distress.
- Audio or visual recording and photographing of another individual’s presentation is prohibited unless the presenter states otherwise.
- If you notice anyone not following these rules, please inform an OkIP event organizer.
- Follow recommended precautions to prevent transmission of infectious diseases.
- Comply with all the facilities’ rules, policies, and procedures at which any OkIP event is being held.
- Comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations in the country where the OkIP event is being held.
Unacceptable behaviors by this Code of Conduct include, without limitation:
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, or discriminatory jokes, slurs, insults, or comments.
- Intimidating or threatening verbal or non-verbal conduct.
- Harassment in any form, including bullying, intimidation, or disparaging comments about gender, gender identity or appearance, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, political views, or affiliation.
- Sexual harassment, including but not limited to unwanted or inappropriate conduct, unwanted sexual attention, comments, jokes, or advances.
- Lewd, derogatory, or otherwise offensive speech or non-verbal conduct.
- Threatening or stalking any Attendee, whether in person or online
- Unwelcome sexual advances, whether verbal or physical
- Behavior or comments that disrupt the event, a session, or other formal or informal meeting or event in any way.
- Drinking irresponsibly.
- Display of sexualized images;
- Any destruction or vandalizing of personal property or event site or materials.
- Possession of a weapon or any item that can be used as a weapon, which may be used to threaten or cause injury to others if used in a certain manner.
- Knowingly and falsely reporting violations of this Code.
- Retaliating against another participant for reporting a violation of this Code.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
Suppose any Attendee believes they or another Attendee has been subject to conduct that violates this Code of Conduct or witnesses such conduct. In that case, s/he should report the violation to an OkIP event organizer while on-site at the event or as soon after the event as possible. Any OkIP event organizer who receives such a report or witnesses inappropriate conduct must notify the OkIP Secretariat. All reported concerns will be treated seriously and investigated. All Attendees are expected to cooperate fully and honestly with any investigation.
Attendees are subject to the policies and procedures of their place of employment. As such, any Attendees should report an incident to their employer, especially if it involves a co-worker. OkP asks that anyone who experiences or witnesses behavior such as assault that constitutes an immediate or serious threat to safety contact the local authorities or asks for public security. If there is an emergency or any situation that requires immediate assistance from the police, fire department, or ambulance, call 911 in the USA or ask for the appropriate emergency number for other countries.
Attendees who are asked to stop their behavior will be expected to comply immediately. Suppose an Attendee continues to violate this Code. In that case, OkIP may take whatever actions it deems appropriate, including, for example, expulsion from the event without refund, notification of the participant’s employer, and disqualification from attending future events.
OkIP has a zero-tolerance policy for behavior violating any local, state, federal, or country law and regulation. OkIP reserves the right to work with a governmental authority in their investigation of any criminal complaint involving discrimination or harassment, physical and verbal, by Attendees at any of our events.
In response to repeated and witnessed incidents of unacceptable behavior as listed above, OkIP reserves the right to communicate within the appropriate channels of an Attendee’s employer and also reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future events.
OkIP will not tolerate any actual or attempted reprisals or retaliation against individuals who raise in good faith a concern that this Code of Conduct has been violated or who participate in investigating such a concern.
If you have any questions about this policy, don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com.